Senior Commercial Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As the Senior Commercial and Cost Manager, you will have the day-to-day responsibility to manage Mott MacDonald or Clients obligations on large infrastructure projects. As part of the Core Team, you will work closely with the Senior Project Manager and Projects Controls Team to manage the project deliverables to the Client expectations.
A bit about the team
We operate in Highways, Rail, Aviation and Maritime. Our vision is to deliver major transportation projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as 'credible' and 'preferred' for our existing and new clients.
What will the role offer?
You will have opportunities to work on some of the UK's largest Transportation projects, working with key clients and with experts from across Mott MacDonald and the industry. We are passionate about collaborating to deliver high quality solutions with a focus on sustainability, social value and technical excellence.
Some examples of the areas that you may be able to work on;
- Rail - We provide support to major rail infrastructure projects across the UK. We are particularly proud to be involved with Crossrail, HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail along with a large number of other projects.
- Highways - We work closely with National Highways supporting them on a variety of projects across the UK.
- Ports - Our ports team covers aviation and maritime projects and we are seeing a lot of growth in this area with opportunities at key airports in the UK as well as further afield.
- Local Authority - we support a wide range of local authorities across the country with their transportation projects. These projects often cover elements of rail, highways, sustainability and social value.
Mott MacDonald is proud to support the professional development of all employees, funding one professional institution subscription per year and providing learning and development opportunities to support team members as they progress to chartership.
We require a self-starting Senior Commercial & Cost Manager who will lead Programme and Project commercial pre and post contract activities, including all activities associated with Cost Management.
You will be responsible for;
- Developing and executing the procurement strategy including the running of tenders and advising the project team on the development of contract conditions / amendments ideally NEC3or4
- Defining the Commercial and Cost standards and procedures,
- Developing a Commercial and Cost Team including establishing clear roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities
- Responsible for capturing, monitoring, forecasting and reporting the financial status of the programme, to ensure deliverability within the funding envelope and compliance with all governance
- Leading on the supplier relationship activities including all aspects of contract management
- Ensuring compliance with any applicable standards, legislation and governance arrangements
- Providing commercial expertise/advice to the Programme and project teams
- Ensuring we remain contractually compliant on behalf of the Client we service
- Manage invoicing and collection activities and interface with central finance
- Ensuring compliance with financial Year End accounting practices
- Providing analysis of change requests that may have a contractual/cost impact
- Supply Chain market engagement activities as required