Quality Assurance Engineer - Electrical & Instrumentation
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Mott MacDonald are in a Joint Venture to deliver a major defence sector infrastructure project in Plymouth and are looking to recruit suitably qualified and experienced Quality Assurance Engineers to support delivery of this project.
The role will require regular site attendance in line with the construction programme. This will usually be a 60/40 split between site and working from home in any week e.g., 3 days on site/2 days home working, though this is dependent upon the pace of delivery and assurance/control activities within your specialism.
During 2023/2024 the working pattern may move to a day and night shift pattern to meet the project delivery pace and Client deadline requirements.
QAE Primary Purpose:
The role will report to a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (SQAE), and successful candidates will be required to deliver on the following in line with their qualifications and experience:
- To provide the Project with accurate and timely quality assurance support in relation to electrical (LV/HV) and instrumentation systems manufacturing, supply, and installation works.
- To support delivery of the Electrical & Instrumentation Quality Assurance function on allocated project(s), including witnessing installation and testing activities for compliance with design/technical standards, supplier Inspection & Test Plan and supporting the generation of Lifetime Quality Records (LTQRs).
- In line with competency and experience support audit activities on electrical and instrumentation activities to ISO 9001, industry standard(s) and Client and/or Regulator specific requirements.
- Where requested to assist with Supply Chain assessment and surveillance activities against ISO 9001 and Client/Regulator requirements for all First Level Safety Critical suppliers and support the provision of professional support to the Project for all supply chain quality issues.
- To effectively manage their activities and maintain competency in line with their roles and responsibilities.
Common for all discipline QAEs
In line with qualifications and experience:
- Conduct patrol inspections of the project in line with their qualifications and experience.
- Undertake additional tasks and duties in line with their qualifications and experience.
- Other roles and duties in line with experience and competency as directed.