Principal Information Management Consultant
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate person to become a Principal Information Management Consultant within our growing Digital & Data Advisory Team, who can help us empower lasting industry transformation.
About our team
The vision for our new Strategic Advisory portfolio is to "Empower lasting industry transformation". We enable clients to navigate complex challenges by combining industry leading technical domain knowledge, digital innovation and consulting excellence with our network of collaborative partners. Our trusted advice ensures clients not only thrive, but remain agile, resilient, and in step in a volatile world. We remain pragmatic and outcomes-focused in shaping and implementing transformational change that delivers demonstrable social, economic and environmental value."
We work globally, client-side at the enterprise level and across major programmes.
Delivering great work
You'll be part of a team that encourages support and mentoring of more junior staff while providing direction and technical guidance to the wider department. In addition, you will provide end-to-end trusted advice and support to our clients, including in areas such as information management, process optimisation, data interoperability and longevity. You will play a vital role in growing the business and creating opportunities.
Capitalising on great people and great relationships
As well as bringing an established network of contacts to the role that will help foster the growth of the business whilst also keeping abreast of industry best practices, we want you to be a proactive participant in the information management market. You must take every opportunity to enhance the Mott MacDonald brand and highlight our capabilities. We also want you to help develop our people's capability within the team, giving them the guidance, mentoring and support needed to become high-performing recognised consultants, and also help grow our talented pool of resources.
Required for the position of Principal Information Management Consultant;
- Relevant delivery experience in information management or closely related consulting roles
- Good technical knowledge of a range of Information Management capabilities. Strong technical understanding of both tools and methodologies
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture concepts
- Understanding of data management concepts and capabilities, including data technology landscape
- Experience in developing information management capabilities strategies for organisations
- Assisting organisations to transform to an information management enterprise approach
- Information Management certification (BSI or BRE) is desirable
- Experience in various sectors will be an added advantage and, ideally, with strategy-focused and/or operational roles
- Strong delivery skills and project management experience
- Consulting, bidding and commercial know-how
- Eagerness to develop new skills and to further expand knowledge within different areas of information management
- Ability to lead projects and manage a team of consultants
- Passion for making a difference in the market and developing others
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop tailored solutions
- Confident in working autonomously
- Strong team player and able to work effectively and inclusively with remote teams.
- Ability to work in a fluid, unstructured environment with a can-do, positive and proactive attitude and see things through to the end
- Willingness to support and ultimately own client relationships
- Be an excellent team player focused on achieving our vision
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.