Engineering Project Manager/Senior Engineer
Job Type: Full time
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
As the Engineering Project Manager/Senior Engineer you will work with and manage a multidisciplinary team of technical specialists, delivering projects in close partnership with clients and contractors, building strong relationships that will enhance the company's reputation and help secure further work.
In this role, you will lead the design of innovative and sustainable solutions to address leakage challenges, cleanwater provision and sewage disposal across our client's water networks. Some of these projects are emergency work and reactive in nature - so you will need to lead fast-paced design, whilst managing change and impacts on the other projects within the wider programme.
You will be expected to coordinate project teams throughout the project lifecycle from design definition through to implementation, fulfilling all aspects to successfully manage projects including business management system compliance, technical quality assurance, programme and cost control management as well as leading client interface. You will work closely with contractors, often on site, reacting to queries and changes. You will represent the company in meetings and supervise the work of more junior staff, providing technical and commercial guidance to support their development.
This role will be supporting colleagues in the UK, working with clients and stakeholders that may speak English. Therefore, the ability to speak English would be of use.
Mott MacDonald offers a highly innovative and collaborative environment within which to further develop your career. We can offer development in technical, management or client-facing directions. You will have control of your own career path and great prospects for career progression as the business continues to grow.
- We are seeking a Chartered (or Incorporated) Civil engineer, or Senior Engineer / Project Manager with strong UK clean / potable water and/or wastewater infrastructure experience, able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Experience in clean / potable water pipeline design and/or wastewater network and associated infrastructure design
- A demonstrable understanding of hydraulic engineering principles
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary water pipeline and networks projects with other technical disciplines including environmental specialists, geotechnical, structural, electrical and mechanical engineers
- You will have a proven project management capability, having managed multiple and/or complex projects in a multidisciplinary environment using a proactive approach coupled with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios.
- You will have a good understanding of designers' responsibilities under CDM.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to be able to enter into technical discussions in a logical and coherent fashion in both oral presentations and written reports, to colleagues, non-technical staff and clients.
- Proficient in English.
- A drive to be abreast of professional development and knowledge of current and emerging technical solutions.
The Water Consultancy Division is the centre of excellence within Mott MacDonald for responding to water and wastewater delivery capability challenges, providing support to colleagues across our global business, and offering the best opportunities to get involved in diverse and technically challenging work. Our team continues to grow off the back of our sustained success in both the domestic and international water sector, for major utility companies and on high profile capital schemes.
We are looking for a driven Engineering Project Manager or Senior Engineer to play a pivotal role within our water pipeline & networks team. In this role, you'll lead the design of innovative, safe and sustainable solutions to address leakage challenges, cleanwater provision and sewage disposal, across our water utility client's network, vital to meet the ever-growing societal demands of development, population growth and climate change. Get in touch if you want to know more and are keen to be involved in the development of innovative solutions to solve these very real challenges.