Senior Wastewater Hydraulic Modeller
Job Type: Full time
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Wastewater Hydraulic Modeller to join our team of innovative and motivated network modellers, engineers and project managers, delivering projects across the UK. We are looking for a driven, experienced individual who wants to progress their career, with a desire to evolve within Mott MacDonald, and to mentor and develop others. As a Senior Modeller, you'll provide key technical inputs on a diverse range of UK wastewater infrastructure projects, from feasibility through to detailed design. Our senior modellers are a key part of our modelling community and have the opportunity to contribute to internal innovation sprints, involved in external conferences, drive the direction of our sub-sector at a strategic level and contribute to business development.
You'll be responsible for:
- Delivering wastewater infrastructure projects of varying sizes.
- Collaborating closely with our clients to ensure they understand model outputs and processes.
- Mentoring and training of graduate modellers and providing guidance to support their professional development.
- Specification and management of flow surveys.
- Undertaking a technical lead role of model build and verification projects.
- Contributing and checking technical reports and presentations.
- Developing technical calculation outputs when needed.
- Opportunity to project manage infrastructure projects. This will involve being responsible for programme, commercial performance and technical excellence.
Mott MacDonald offers a highly innovative and collaborative environment within which to further develop your career. We can offer development in technical, management or client-facing directions, or a combination thereof - you will have control of your own career path and great prospects for career progression as the business continues to grow.
A bit about the team
The Water Consultancy Division is the centre of excellence within Mott MacDonald for responding to water and wastewater delivery capability challenges, providing support to colleagues across our global business, and offering the best opportunities to get involved in diverse and technically challenging work. Our team continues to grow off the back of our sustained success in both the domestic and international water sector, for major utility companies and on high profile capital schemes.
Do you want to be part of an employee-owned company where our unique independence affords us the opportunity to focus on projects that matter to us - those focusing on delivering social outcomes and enhancing the environment, that harness digital innovation and that challenge our technical excellence? Working for a company like ours, with technical excellence at our core, offers you access to industry recognised experts in a variety of disciplines, to provide support and career development opportunities. At Mott MacDonald, we are a collaborative team, excited to solve complex challenges that have a positive impact on the world, and we are always looking for like-minded people to join us. For more information about our Water sector click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture. There is the option for this role to be full time or part-time. We operate an agile working policy with the expectation that you will be present in your chosen office location often, fluctuating as required to suit business and individual needs.
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Ability to be a team player and develop relationships at all levels.
- Working collaboratively with clients as delivery lead, planning and delivering wastewater modelling projects of varying sizes.
- Strong communication skills.
- Qualified candidates should be familiar with Innovyze ICM as well GIS packages (ideally MapInfo).
- Chartered with a relevant professional institution (i.e. ICE or CIWEM).
- Excellent skills in spreadsheet data analysis (i.e: using MS Excel pivot tables or PowerBI).
- Programming skills in languages such as VBA or Python would be advantageous.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
The availability of water, and the provision of adequate sewerage disposal, are vital to meet the ever-growing demands of development, population growth and climate change. We are passionate about providing solutions that help our clients to achieve a sustainable approach to growth, balancing environmental and societal needs. Our highly successful water consultancy business is servicing ever-increasing workloads from the domestic and international markets. As a result, we have exciting opportunities for network modellers with strong industry experience to join our growing UK team. These positions can be offered on either a full-time or a part-time basis.