Senior Digital Consultant - Aviation
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Senior Digital Consultant, you will play a key role in growing our advisory portfolio by shaping, winning, and delivering new work, focusing on digital in Aviation and related domains.
You will work on a range of projects, covering digital aspects across airport master planning, new airport developments, to aviation business transformation in the UK and globally. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, your responsibilities will range from development of Digital & Data Strategies, to scoping and specifying a wide range of Airport Operational Systems, through to supporting aviation clients to maximise the value from aviation data.
A bit about the team
You will work within the Digital & Data Team within Strategic Advisory Department whilst collaborating with teams within our Transport and Building sectors, both in the UK and worldwide. Some travel within the UK and overseas may be required for some projects.
What you will contribute to the team
- Provide high value consultancy to customers at the enterprise, programme and project level.
- Contribute to the develop of the Digital & Data Strategies for aviation clients, through the analysis of the business objectives, required capabilities and future trends.
- Engage with Project and Programme-level executives, assisting them in shaping strategies, adopting new ways of working and accelerating progress in unlocking the value of digital.
- Develop roadmaps to set out the approach to achieve the business objectives. Recognise and explore the vital leadership and cultural required to execute a Digital Strategy.
- Gathering of the business, user and technical requirements for key operational systems, and support their subsequent specification, procurement, delivery and go live.
- Develop the Solutions Architectures for systems and their integration, within the context of a wider Enterprise Architecture.
- Facilitate the development of Data Architecture and the definition of interfaces.
- Support programme delivery and the transition to live operations.
- Manage outstanding delivery of our digital advisory services.
- Develop trusted relationships with our clients and support the growth of our business by leading and contributing to development of proposal.
- Support with service and people development to help grow and develop our business and team.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent education and work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the application of digital and data in aviation, and of airport operations more generally, is a must.
- Specific knowledge across two or more of the following areas:
- A range of aviation operational systems such AODB, FIDS, RMS etc
- A range of passenger processing and security search systems, including biometrics
- A range of airside systems including ACDM, and apron systems
- Aviation data, IATA messaging and data integration
- Cyber security and its application to aviation
- Extensive professional experience, for example, previous work within management consultancy, systems integrator, with a supplier or an in-house role in which you have gained exposure to aviation digital project(s)
- Strong Project/ Programme management skills - i.e. managing commercial success, risk, schedule development, and stakeholder engagement skills.
- A strong customer-centric perspective that focuses on outcomes and whole-life value.
- Knowledge of the test and commissioning of aviation digital solutions and their integration.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and visual) carried through into project deliverables and proposals.
- Knowledge of the latest trends across aviation, within aviation digital and more generally across digital and technology.
- Demonstrable passion for digital and delivering social, environmental, and economic outcomes.