Train Driver (Intermodal)
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
A vacancy has arisen within Freightliner Ltd for an experienced Train Driver to be based in Birmingham.
The successful applicant will need to be a fully qualified Train Driver with a highly professional attitude and a proactive & diligent approach to work.
- Freight Train driving expertise preferred but general train driving experience accepted
- Clean full UK driving license
- Route and traction knowledge for a specific area- desirable
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- Safety conscious with a clean safety of the line record
- Ability to remain calm in an emergency situation
- Excellent concentration and observation skills
- Good communication skills & the ability to clearly relay important safety messages
- Customer focused and committed to the Company brand
This role will involve shift work, including weekend and night turns of duty, which may in turn require the individual to lodge away from home.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be required to attend railway standards medical and a D&A test.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team