Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
This is a key role within the Procurement function that is critical to the success of G&W/Europe through the consolidation of £50m of annual spend across 1500 suppliers ensuring that our business receives the right goods and services, safely, on time and at minimum cost.
The successful candidate will be central to the transformation of the way that G&W UK/Europe buys goods and services in support of operational and corporate activities.
All activity will be in line with the Procurement policies and procedures across both Engineering and Corporate Services categories to contribute to the annual savings target.
You will be responsible for multiple tactical suppliers into fewer strategic suppliers on a regional and national basis whilst ensuring continuity of supply. This will involve working to a challenging project plan and ensuring timely and effective mobilisation of the contracts to enable the operational business to utilise the new suppliers effectively.
An experienced Category Buyer who is highly driven by delivering great results and a track record of working effectively in an operational environment.
1. Consolidating £50m of annual spend across 1500 suppliers ensuring that our business receives the right goods and services, safely, on time and delivering maximum value.
2. Supporting the Procurement Directorate with spend analysis, insights and project status.
3. Overseeing the Procurement Project Management Office & Reporting to ensure that procurement events are delivered on time and deliver the planned outputs.
4. Ensuring industry standards are underpinned by the guiding rules and principles of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
5. Supporting the development and continuous improvement of the Group Procurement Policies to ensure business needs are met in line with best in class procurement.
MCIPS preferred with 3 years plus sourcing experience.
University degree – desirable.
Excellent Inter-personal, organisational and communication skills (oral and written).
Comfortable working with incomplete information.
Collaborative influencing style with a focus on team-work with a proven ability to deliver results in challenging environments.
This role will occasionally require the individual to travel to a number of G&W sites within the UK.
Excellent PC skills and proficient in Microsoft applications.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team