Service Delivery Manager
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Service Delivery Manager
Freightliner Group Ltd. – Southampton
A vacancy has arisen for a Service Delivery Manager, Reporting to the Account Manager. This role will be responsible to manage and control the day to day interface between G&W Intermodal UK and the Customer.
- To receive and process all bookings from the customer to an agreed specification and within the agreed timescales.
- To liaise with the customer and G&W offices at all levels as required, ensuring a professional approach and image is maintained.
- To develop and maintain strong working relationships with all departments within G&W and the customer.
- To manage the day-to-day activities of the customer, in conjunction with the requirements of the Commercial department and in line with Company standards and available services advising the customer where necessary.
- To manage and achieve business targets as agreed with your Account Manager.
- To proactively maximise all sales opportunities available from the customer base, considering future strategic planning and opportunities identifying future trends in traffic and any relevant new business ensuring this information is shared with relevant G&W personnel.
- Work in conjunction with the Commercial department and the Resource Managers to offer incentives to the customer to maximise utilisation and profit.
- To maintain high standards of customer care at all times and deliver effective communications, within agreed timescales as discussed with your Account Manager.
- To provide effective and informative information between both the customer and G&W, which may affect either party.
- To work in conjunction with the Shared Service Centre to ensure that all revenue earned is accurately and timely invoiced ensuring all movements are rated as per the agreed tariff, whilst raising additional charges where necessary and processing claims/administration as required.
- To develop and maintain an understanding of the key performance indicators and actively work to bring them in line with company expectations. Factors such as business gathered through wagon utilisation, common user opportunity, import/export mix, laden/empty mix, customer market share and vehicle utilisation (am/pm split). This is to be completed for all three platforms Rail/Road/Terminal.
- To ensure the integrity of both customer and G&W IT systems is maintained where appropriate.
- To undertake any other appropriate tasks commensurate with your skills as directed by your Account Manager and provide cover in accounts as necessary.
- To provide weekly/daily/periodic reports detailing specific information as directed by your Account Manager.
- Collate and distribute late runners on a daily basis.
Experience / Aptitude
- Freightliner services including wagon/loco turnaround and availability levels required.
- Road availability – short-haul & long-haul
- ILC procedures and limitations
- Train planning and pathway availability
- Train restrictions – route, locos, wagons, weight and length
Qualifications and Training
- Spinnaker local and Corporate basic training
- Tops road basic training
- FLEC - Advanced
- Microsoft Windows Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/Powerpoint)
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Workplace Regulations 1992
- Dangerous Goods by Road Regulations
- Display Screen Equipment Regulations
Safety Documentation Required
- WMFRS - Pink Pages
- Freightliner Loading Manual
Personal Safety Equipment required
- None at normal place of work
- Experience with best practice account management techniques.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team