Policy Regulatory Affairs Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
A vacancy has arisen to support the Head of Policy and Regulatory Affairs in the delivery of the G&W (UK) policy and regulatory objectives. This is a broad role, encompassing strategy and policy development, alongside stakeholder engagement and close working with colleagues across the business to protect and promote the future business of G&W UK. This is a region based role.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the Head of Policy and Regulatory Affairs in developing policy and regulatory strategy and translating this into clear objectives and project plans.
- Implementing those strategic objectives and project plans.
- Engagement with key stakeholders – government departments, regulators across the sectors and sector bodies. These include DfT, Network Rail, Office of Rail and Road, RDG
- Representing the G&W UK business needs and influence at all levels.
- Promoting the transport of freight by rail and frameworks and policies that support growth in rail freight, e.g. competitive access charges, Mode Shift Revenue Support grant, government investment in the Strategic Freight Network, capacity for rail freight growth.
- Lead workstreams and projects as they arise as directed by the Head of Policy and Regulatory Affairs
- Management of the day to day contractual/commercial relationship with Network Rail
- Responding to industry/government consultations on G&W UK’s behalf
- Providing expert guidance to G&W UK colleagues in industry/policy matters in support of operational and commercial requirements
- Carrying out any duty commensurate with the post, as directed by the Head of Policy and Regulatory Affairs
Key job requirements:
- Detailed understanding of the UK’s business’s operations
- Expert knowledge of the freight sector and the railway industry regulatory structure
- Experience in implementing strategies to influence government bodies and other stakeholders
- Confidence and personality to be able to build relationships at all levels, within the business and externally
- Strong advocacy skills to shape opinions at all levels and to promote the company’s position and the sector more generally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team