HGV Shunter Driver (Days)
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced HGV Shunter Driver (day shift) to join our team in Felixstowe. As a HGV Shunter Driver you will be responsible for the movement of containers to and from the depot whilst complying with road transport legislation.
This is a permanent and full time position (basic hours - 55 per week).
- Transport containers to and from the depot whilst complying with road transport legislation.
- Ensure you do your daily vehicle checks to make sure your vehicle is roadworthy and safe to use
- Ensure you arrive at your job on time
- Ensure you inform the shunt operators of any problems in good time i.e. if you’re running late
- Ensure all paperwork is correct and physically checked against your container and seal number
- Follow all company procedures, customer procedures and the highway code
- Communicate effectively with the customers, shunt operators, container control staff and other depots, understand requirements and communicate accurate information on time as required.
- Maintain high standards of good housekeeping
- Maintain health and safety standards
- Must hold LGV Class 1 Driving licence (cat CE)
- CPC qualification (DQC card)
- Shunting experience – beneficial
- Flexibility with working hours
- Mature approach to health and safety
- Passion for delivering customer service to the highest standard
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Overtime payment at time and a half
- Bonus payment on shunts
- Paid weekly
- 20 days of annual leave increasing up to 28 days with the length of service (plus Bank Holidays)
- Top spec, modern luxury vehicles
- Company uniform and PPE
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Regular training
Please be advised that successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team