Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
We are currently recruiting for Trailer Fitter to join our team in Southampton. Successful candidate will be responsible for servicing, inspecting and repairing of HGV semi-trailers.
This is a full-time, permanent position working 40 hours per week.
- Service and repair of trailers to schedule.
- Maintain trailers, conduct inspections to DVSA standard, undertake general repairs and offsite breakdowns of trailers.
- Correctly complete all paperwork required for the role in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with all colleagues.
- Maintain excellent standards of housekeeping.
- Maintain excellent health and safety standards.
- Adopt, utilise and work with all current or future IT systems, IE tablets to replace job cards and or parts scanners.
- Good written skills, numeric with good attention to detail.
- IRTEC qualification preferable or previous experience minimum 2 years.
- Proactive, innovative and creative approach towards problem solving.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Strong team player, encouraging and engaging, able to communicate at all levels
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of PC applications; Microsoft and Outlook.
In return you will receive
- Competitive salary
- Paid weekly
- Overtime payment at time and a half
- 20 days of annual leave increasing up to 28 days with the length of service (plus Bank Holidays)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Regular training to increase personal skillset
Please be advised that successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team