Wheelset Admin Support
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Freightliner Maintenance Ltd
A vacancy has arisen for a Wheelset Administrator at our Southampton Vehicle Maintenance Facility.
The successful applicant will work at a coordinator level, will be responsible for helping the Wheelset & Transport team with administrative tasks and will help further enrich our culture by embracing our values and behaviours.
Key responsibilities whilst working in the role will include:
- Coordinating and reporting on the day to day overhaul activities of wagon wheelsets
- Ensuring that wheelset data entry within our Asset Management System is accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Raising requisitions in our purchasing systems
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure that instructions are clear and that delivery schedules are met
- Producing data analysis on the status of the wheelsets, their associated costs and locations
- Extracting statistical data from departmental records for performance monitoring, trend analysis and projects as and when required
- Assisting in coordinating our transport plans; liaising between our drivers and stakeholders to meet our transport needs
- Covering for the Wheelset & Transport Controller during absence
- Assisting the Material Manager in day to day activities and data trending
- Carrying out relief duties as required for other sites
- Completing any other ad hoc tasks as required.
- Experience in an administrative role within an engineering environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to drive continuous improvement by owning issues
The successful applicant should be safety conscious and motivated to work safely to tight deadlines, a fully versatile team member who has a flexible approach to working hours.
Please note this post is subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical & D&A screening and successful DBS background checks.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team