Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Job Title: System Technologist
Other Titles: Senior Systems Administrator / IT Infrastructure Engineer / Senior IT Support Engineer.
Location: Southampton, UK
Travel: Occasional travel to UK locations
Team Size: 4
Direct Reports: None
Working Pattern/Hours: 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday
Main Purpose of the Role
As an experienced systems administrator, you will have a deep and broad knowledge of Microsoft computer platforms, virtualised server infrastructure, cloud, and associated systems.
You will have technical responsibility for key parts of the IT infrastructure, as well as supporting members of the organisation in both project and operational aspects.
You will be challenged to improve the infrastructure in order to facilitate continuous growth within the business.
Furthermore, you will work closely with multiple IT teams across the global business.
- Responsible for the deployment, configuration, maintenance, upgrades, and support of IT systems within the Freightliner estate, including:
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019.
- Server virtualisation using Hyper-V and VMware.
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.
- Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS).
- Backups (Veeam / Azure Backup).
- Microsoft Clustering.
- Shared Storage (DAS / NAS).
- Plan, manage and implement patches, upgrades, and improvement to existing IT services and hardware.
- Troubleshooting technical problems involving software and operating systems.
- Participation in Major Incident process when service outages occur.
- Provide guidance and support to projects and business application users.
- Create technical documentation for a technical audience.
- Visit any of the company's locations to install or maintain IT equipment.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working within complex IT infrastructure.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as Senior Systems Administrator or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience with Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 Installation and Administration.
- Extensive experience of Active Directory and supporting systems, including user and machine management, Group Polices, DNS, DHCP, Certificates.
- Microsoft 365 administration (Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Teams).
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework.
- Clear and professional communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to deadlines.
- Ability to work flexibly under pressure and use own initiative.
- Organised and methodical in approach to all aspects of the role.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Natural team player with desire to encourage interaction and integration.
- Good working knowledge of Veeam backup technologies.
- Good knowledge of networks (LAN, WAN, MPLS), Firewall, and Wi-Fi systems.
- Certifications such as MCSA, MCSE.
- Experience of Microsoft Endpoint Manager / Intune or SCCM.
- Experience of scripting technologies (PowerShell).
- SAN administration experience (HPE).
- ITIL certification.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team