Office Services & Support Assistant
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Part time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Job Title: Office Services and Support Assistant
Reports to: Executive EA/Office Manager
- HR Director, UK/Europe
- MD Rail Services & Heavy Haul
- Safety & Sustainability Director
- General Counsel
- CCO – circa 2 days per week
Purpose of the Role:
To ensure the smooth running of the London office and provide efficient and effective support to the key stakeholders as required.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain the London office environment:
- Ensure office area and kitchen is always clean and tidy and supplies of coffee, milk and fruit are managed accordingly.
- Liaise with building control regarding any maintenance issues such as heating, lighting, toilets, etc.
- Monitor cleaning performance and feedback any issues / concerns.
- Order stationary according to needs and ensure this is stored tidily.
- Order lunches and cater with refreshments for any visitors to the London office.
- Manage the two meeting rooms both in terms of allocation and cleanliness and preparation for meetings, including assisting with setting up any equipment for virtual meetings as required.
- Deal with incoming and outgoing post and manage any general deliveries to the office.
- Organise temporary, permanent and visitor badges.
- Manage administrative tasks on behalf of the Exec based at the London office:
- Raise Purchase orders for required services.
- Organise payment of any invoices for the office and any Exec.
- Book hotel accommodation and travel as required and coordinate expense claims of Exec, if required.
- Organise meetings and support diary management, if needed.
- Organise team meetings including sourcing venues, catering etc.
- Provide admin support to the Exec Assistant to the CEO (based in Birmingham) as needed from time to time and provide annual leave cover as required.
Health & Safety:
- Fulfil the role of Fire Warden – and coordinate cover when not in the office.
- Fulfil the role of First Aider - and coordinate cover when not in the office.
- Maintain health and safety information, and emergency instructions for the office.
- Coordinate the reporting and management of hazards, near misses and other events for the office seeking support from the health and safety team as required.
HR Director specific requirements:
- Manage ex pat costs for tax purposes for HRD – diligently record and provide to tax advisors annually all costs associated with ex pats for tax purposes including a clear business/ex pat split.
- Collate all documentation associated with travel and subsistence for ex pats to ensure tax compliance.
- Organise HR/payroll team meetings and events from time to time.
Managing Director Specific requirements:
- Book ex pat flights for MD and family members.
- Coordinate some ex pat requirements.
- Ex pat expenses.
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude and is seen as an ambassador for the Company.
- Rolls their sleeves up and gets involved in a wide variety of tasks and activities.
- Proactive approach to work and uses own initiative to implement process improvements.
- An organised and efficient approach to the job role
- Sets high standards of work for self and consistently achieves these.
- Seen as friendly and approachable, always willing to assist and get involved.
- Good team player but able to work independently, managing own time and duties effectively.
- Exhibits the Group’s core values.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team