Mechanical & Electrical Fitter
Location: West Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Freightliner Maintenance Ltd– Leeds VMF
Salary effective 1st June: £44,182 pa
A vacancy has arisen for a multi skilled fitter to undertake the servicing, maintenance and repair of Locomotives at our Leeds Vehicle Maintenance Facility.
The successful applicant will be responsible for helping to achieve team goals and objectives.
- Adhere to health & safety and local safety policy requirements, and other safety and technical standards
- Ensure Freightliner company engineering standards and procedures are applied and followed.
- Maintain, service, fault find and repair locomotives in accordance with approved maintenance plans
- Ensure all relevant paperwork for examinations and repairs is correctly completed to company standards
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping to ensure a clean and safe environment
- Commitment to safe working practices
- Apprentice trained or time served
- Experience in electrical and/or mechanical maintenance activities
- Knowledge of rolling stock would be advantageous
The successful applicant should be a safety conscious and motivated self-starter, a fully versatile team member who has well established experience within a railway maintenance depot environment or a similar engineering background. A flexible approach to working hours is essential as Leeds VMF operates a 24/7 shift roster.
This post is subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical & D&A screening and successful DBS background checks.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team