Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Responsibilities whilst working in the role will include:
- Adhering to health & safety and local safety policy requirements, and other safety and technical standards
- Ensuring Freightliner company engineering standards and procedures are understood, applied and followed.
- Maintaining, servicing, and repairing wagons in accordance with approved maintenance plans
- Ensuring all relevant records for examinations and repairs is correctly completed to company standards through our electronic Asset Management System
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping whilst having an ability to identify and reduce hazards to ensure a clean and safe environment is maintained whilst carrying out your duties.
- Being a good communicator.
- Commitment to adopting safe working practices
- A willingness to be flexible as this role may require some working away from your home location
- An underpinning knowledge and an ability to understand mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- An appreciation of mechanical maintenance activities and a willingness to learn.
- A background knowledge and experience of rolling stock maintenance would be advantageous
- Preferably apprentice trained or equivalent and have experience in mechanical maintenance practices
- A UK driving licence.
The successful applicant should be safety conscious and motivated to work safely to tight deadlines, a fully versatile team member who has a flexible approach to working hours.
Please note it is planned that this post works a shift pattern of Monday to Friday alternate earlies and lates. It is also subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical & D&A screening and successful DBS background checks.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team