Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
We are currently recruiting for a Container Repairer to join our Maintenance & Repair team in Southampton. Successful candidate will be responsible for repairing containers to a high standard.
This is a full-time position with basic hours of 50 hours per week, including 1 hour paid break each day.
- Repair containers to a high standard in line with the Company and customers’ requirements.
- Prepare containers for customer bookings, including steam cleaning, removing hanging beams, fitting liner bags and fitting flexi tanks.
- Complete paperwork ensuring all information is accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintain high standards of good housekeeping and health & safety standards.
- Raise any concerns or issues accordingly to your manager or the H&S manager
- Read and understand risk assessments relevant to your working area and follow safe system of work.
- A strong team player
- Mature approach to health and safety
- Comfortable working outdoors in all weathers
- Ability to communicate effectively with the M&R Manager/Supervisor, understand requirements, and give accurate information as required
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience in welding and/or fabrication
- Ability to perform repairs on variety of containers
- Knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while repairing containers
- A mature approach with exceptional understanding of Health & Safety within the workplace
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days of annual leave increasing up to 28 days with the length of service (plus Bank Holidays)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Regular training
- Free car park
Please be advised that successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team