Yard Tug Shunter Driver (Night shift)
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
We are currently recruiting for a Yard Tug Shunter Driver to join our team in London Gateway depot.
This is a full-time, permanent position working nights (Monday - Friday).
- Transport containers to between the port and depot in a safe and efficient manner
- Drive Terberg Yard Tug to a high standard.
- Perform pre use inspection of yard tug and trailer to ensure safe operation
- Follow safe operating procedures at all times
- Provide excellent customer service
- Full UK Driving Licence
- HGV Class 1 Driving licence desirable
- Previous experience of Yard Tug / HGV1 driving with containers
- Flexibility with working hours
- Mature approach to health and safety
- Passion for delivering customer service to the highest standard
- Good communication skills
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Overtime payment at time and a half
- 20 days of annual leave increasing up to 28 days with the length of service (plus Bank Holidays)
- Paid lunch break
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Regular training to increase the skillset
- Cycle to work scheme
- High street discount platform
Please be advised that successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team