Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Pentalver’s strategically located off-dock facilities at Felixstowe, Southampton and London Gateway, along with our inland hub at Cannock, offer diverse container services such as road haulage, container storage, container maintenance repairs, refrigeration services and cargo handling. In addition to our terminal services, we sell new and used shipping and refrigerated containers, including bespoke modifications.
We are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer to join our Container Conversion team.
The role is full time, permanent position.
Key responsibilities of the Design Engineer:
- To provide technical quotations for customers.
- To support the Design and Operations team with project delivery.
- To support the Sales and Marketing teams with product design and service delivery.
- To draft technical layouts & plans for client approval (AutoCAD 2017, Inventor 2017).
- To specify project requirements to component and subcomponent level, source parts and compile bills of materials when necessary.
- To compile technical/product support documentation (Datasheets /COSH/ Manuals).
- To support the interacting with sub-contractors to support delivery of the projects (electrical, mechanical, civils trades).
- To attend customer sites to meet with clients, suppliers or subcontractors.
- To assist with compiling technical documentation for tender submissions.
- To source relevant standards and documentation (building regs, compliance codes).
- To utilise company CRM and MRP software systems to facilitate sales and workflow management of projects and materials.
Requirements of the Design Engineer:
- Minimum 3 years of software design experience using AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor ideally in ISO container fabrication.
- 2:1 of higher degree in engineering or other relevant degree.
- Ability to read & understand technical manufacturing drawings.
- Proven record of accomplishment in drafting and DTM - Design to Manufacture.
- Proven record of Customer Service, particularly in understanding client requirements.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Metal fabrication or construction industry knowledge or qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of H&S requirements in a construction or fabrication environment.
- Knowledge of Building Regulations.
- Project support or Project management experience.
- Exposure to modular construction techniques.
- Knowledge or electrical and/or plumbing systems.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days of annual leave
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Regular training
- Free parking on site
Please be advised that successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team