Trainee Container Repairer
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
We are currently recruiting for a Trainee Container Repairer to join our Maintenance & Repair team in London Gateway.
This is a full-time position with basic hours of 50 hours per week, including 1 hour paid break each day.
Full and comprehensive training will be provided to a successful candidate and upon its successful completion, you will become eligible to participate in our performance bonus scheme.
- Repair any damages or defects on the containers according to the Company and customers’ specifications.
- Prepare the containers for customer bookings, including steam cleaning, removing hanging beams, fitting liner bags and fitting flexi tanks.
- Fill out the necessary paperwork.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times. Follow the risk assessments and the safe system of work for your working area.
- A strong team player
- Mature approach to health and safety
- Comfortable working outdoors in all weathers
- Ability to communicate effectively with the M&R Manager/Supervisor, understand requirements, and give accurate information as required
- Attention to detail
- Capable of performing tasks that involve regular manual handling.
- Previous experience in welding and/or fabrication
- Ability to perform repairs on variety of containers
Our interview process
- Interview with the hiring manager and a member of the team
- Short practical test in our Workshop.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Paid 1 hour lunch break
- Once fully trained, you will be able to participate in our performance bonus scheme.
- 20 days of annual leave increasing up to 28 days with the length of service (plus Bank Holidays)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular training to increase the skillset
- Cycle to work scheme
- High street discount platform
- PPE provided
- Clear career path
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team