Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
We are currently recruiting for Transport Planner to join our team in London Gateway.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Produce a daily Transport Plan in line with customer orders and expectations, negotiating best times where possible to best utilise the fleet.
- Utilise vehicles to plan all vehicles with a view to support and maximise daily revenue targets.
- Provide new work quotations in liaison with the Depot / Commercial Manager.
- Resource subcontractors ensuring full induction / company standards are communicated and formally agreed, when efficient to use.
- Negotiate subcontractor rates with the support from the Transport Manager, Assistant Transport Manager and Commercial Manager.
- Attend daily planning review meetings to approve next day and night plan
- Ensure plans are at best cost solutions
- Receive customer requests and accurately enter information into PDS/TOPS ensuring all required information is input
- Liaise with yard staff and shunt drivers to ensure all customer requests are completed in line with requirements
- Ensure all completed jobs are ready for invoicing on the system
- Book and manage VBS appointments for internal tug fleet
- CPC International or working towards
- Good geographical knowledge
- A full understanding of Tachograph, working time and driver hours legislation
- Previous TOPS experience
- Previous container experience
- Prioritise and work well under pressure, making key decisions
- A working knowledge of PC applications; Microsoft and outlook.
In return you will receive
- Competitive salary
- 25 days of annual leave
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Regular training and career progression opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- High street shops discount platform
Please be advised that successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team