Multi Skilled Operative (Days)
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
tly recruiting for a permanent Multi Skilled Operative to join our day team in Southampton. As a Multi Skilled Operative you will be responsible for loading/unloading vehicles in the yard and shunting containers to/from the terminal, ensuring that health and safety is your number one priority.
The successful candidate will receive full training to enable them to operate Container Handling Equipment (CHE).
This is a full time, permanent position working 45 hours per week, excluding 1 hour unpaid break.
- Ensure vehicles are serviced with the correct container in a timely manner;
- Ensure containers are stacked in accordance with the safe system, in a safe manner;
- Ensure containers are shunted to and from terminal in a timely manner;
- Operate container handling equipment.
- Continually communicate with yardmen and container control to ensure efficient working and accuracy in terms of the correct container availability on time;
- Maintain H&S standards.
- Must hold full UK driving licence
- Previous forklift experience – desirable
- Container industry experience - desirable
- Must understand the importance of health and safety and be committed to upholding a safe approach to all tasks at all times
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team