Business Apprenticeship - Operations (Sept 2023)
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Qualification: Level 3 Business Associate
- Duration: 18 months
- Start Date: 11th September 2023
Are you a school or college leaver looking to develop your skills and realise your full potential?
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, energetic and innovative company?
Join our Apprenticeship Scheme in Business - Operations
For ambitious school and college leavers, a Softcat Apprenticeship is a great first step into the world of work. You earn, learn and gain qualifications while starting out on a structured career. Business Operations covers a number of different teams and departments within Softcat such as Procurement, Customer services, Legal and Facilities. Together, Business Operations' function is to support our Sales and Services teams in delivering excellent customer service and protecting Softcat's interests while looking afterour employees in the process.
About Softcat Apprenticeships
Our awarding winning apprenticeship scheme equips you with the skills, knowledge, and expertise to succeed in your chosen role and business area with in Business Operations.
As an apprentice your time will be split between 80% work experience and 20% off-the-job training with the support of our dedicated training provider. This is a fantastic opportunity for school leavers looking to kick start their career.
Our Business Apprenticeship Programme is designed to equip you with everything you need to become a successful Business executive. The programmes will build and accelerate your skills and knowledge in your chosen business area while supporting you on your journey to completing your qualification.
During the application process we will provide more detail on roles available and recommend the best area for you based on your skills and qualities.
What we need from you
- A good team player with ability to also work independently
- Organised with administrative skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships
- A willingness and desire to learn new things
- A prior attainment level 1 for Math's and English and a score of Entry Level 3 or higher during the initial assessment in English & Maths (About prior attainment)
- You must be 18 or over as of the date of Monday 11th September 2023
- No previous qualifications in Business studies at Level 3 or higher. This includes:- A level Business, Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Business, BSc or BA in Business
No previous qualifications (awarded) in any degree/masters/level 4 and above in any discipline
- No previous work experience of over 3 months in a Business executive or adminstrative type of role
Work in a way that works for you
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.
In fact, we recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office 2 from home (subject to role and requirements of the team)
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.