Technology Sales Executive (Grad/Entry-Level)
Location: Bristol City
Job Type: Full time
Join our Specialist Sales team
This exciting role is to work within the Specialist Sales team here at Softcat. The Specialist team are responsible for providing consultancy and support to our customers and Sales teams. This is provided around a range of technology-based solutions, including Workspace and Services, Networking and Security, and Datacentre. The key focus of this team is to keep abreast of what's happening in the specific technology areas they are aligned to. This means they can understand how this may impact our customers, and how best we can deliver value.
Softcat sales opportunities come with big earnings potential and a structured progression path. Plus, you don't need specific qualifications or experience to join us! We can help you reach your goals if you bring us the ambition to succeed.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a billion-pound technology company that feels like one family. We're big on culture, big on teamwork and big on rewards. Through collaboration and understanding, we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Welcome to a business where personal achievement and team success go hand-in-hand.
Partner with the best
We are offering opportunities to join the Specialist team either in Networking and Security or Datacentre. Both of which don't require previous knowledge or experience in the sector. We are looking for someone that has a thirst to learn and will enjoy focusing on a specific aspect of technology.
As a Sales Specialist (in either area explained above) you will be responsible for:
- Researching potential customers to shape and build new business
- Providing internal consultancy to other Account Managers across our Corporate Sales teams
- Working towards your KPI's through developing market understanding, building relationships and networking
- Providing specialist technology insight that will help your customers buy the right technology that solves their business challenges
- Collaborating with your sales team, cross-functional teams, and external partners to help develop a rich customer experience
What we need from you
- Have a passion for sales and be keen to learn and develop your skill set
- Demonstrate a keen entrepreneurial flare and the desire to build your own client base from scratch
- Be a motivated self-starter, a quick learner and be highly organised
- Show an enthusiasm to learn and develop your knowledge for new and emerging technologies
- Have a high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to build solid relationships internally and with potential new clients
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Flexible working - flexibility of working from home and in the office
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.