Senior Credit Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Credit Risk Team
The credit risk team consists of 6 analysts led by the Commercial Risk Manager who reports into the Global FC. The team work closely with the sales team, financial reporting, and various areas of business operations. The credit risk team are ultimately responsible for the management, underwriting, and control of credit exposure to the business in what is a rapidly evolving and dynamic environment.
Success. The Softcat Way.
There's a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That's because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
Be part of a team that enables business growth
This role will be a key member of our growing credit risk team supporting our rapidly growing and dynamic IT solutions business. This passionate, highly numerate underwriter will work closely with our finance and sales teams as well as external stakeholders, insurance brokers and customers alike, to maintain credit risk controls within an existing framework and provide a unique service to our customers.
As a Senior Risk Analyst, you'll be responsible for:
- Report directly to the Commercial Risk Manager and assist with the day-to-day credit management and decision-making process.
- To deliver timely credit decisions within stated credit parameters and own underwriting authority. Provide commercially balanced recommendations, balancing risk whilst driving business and supporting customer requirements.
- Make recommendations with supporting substantiated rationale on deals outside of own personal credit underwriting mandate
- Obtain and analyse financial, risk and market information
- Maintenance of credit processes to ensure integrity and accuracy of data
What we need from you
- We are looking for a highly numerate and motivated individual with demonstrative experience in a credit underwriting role
- Proven analytical skills with ability to document findings and make recommendations
- Strength of character to stand by decisions and explain to those less familiar with credit risk
- Demonstrable ability to think around a subject, considering risk implications of our current policies and procedure
- Ability to take calculated risks with favourable outcomes
- Strong financial literacy and ability to interpret financial information from a credit-worthiness perspective
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3days in the office and 2days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.