Technical Service Desk Shift Engineer
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to work in a supportive, collaborative, and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Service Desk
The Service Desk and Support team are a proficient, fast-paced and exciting team who are committed to providing excellent customer service. We support a multitude of technologies such as Cisco, Check Point and Microsoft, which means you will work alongside engineers with a variety of skills and knowledge, giving you the opportunity to always learn something new.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ pa turnover technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Are you passionate about overseeing all operational activities across your shift team to ensure excellent customer service is provided and SLAs/KPIs are met?
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for investigating support cases and proactive system monitoring. You will get involved in exciting technologies such as Networking, Security, Microsoft and Storage & Virtualisation. As expected on any support desk it can be challenging but is also extremely rewarding when you see the issue through to resolution. You will be required to work as part of a shift rota which is 4 shifts x 7am until 7pm and then 4 days off and then 4-shifts x 7pm until 7am.
As Service Desk Shift Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Log all incidents, service requests, changes and problems that are raised to the Service Desk
- Proactively manage ticket updates to all customers, 3rd parties and Vendors through to resolution
- Working alongside a Shift lead to complete any objectives and tasks assigned to you.
- Consistently meet Service Desk Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as set by the Service Desk Team Leader
- Maintain high levels of incident ownership through the incident lifecycle to a satisfactory customer resolution
- When required, attend the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and Problem Review meetings
What we need from you
- Excellent customer service and written skills
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well within a team
- Worked in a similar environment – Managed Services Support Desk
- Ability to work across a breadth of Microsoft Solutions such as, Windows OS, Server OS, Windows Networking and Active Directory
- Experience working within a Virtualised environment (VMware/Hyper V)
- Basic Networking & Security Skills
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 2-3 days in the office and 2-3 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.