IT Support Analyst
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our IT Operations Team
IT Operations plays a pivotal role in Softcat's success. As we look to grow and evolve our business, it is essential we empower our teams by ensuring they have reliable, scalable, and agile systems and applications.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
As an IT Support Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting Softcat users and the applications, hardware and software that is used throughout the business, working closely with our Managed Service providers and IT Helpdesk.
As IT Support Analyst, you'll be responsible for:
- Working with the IT operations team, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents raised by Softcat users
- Providing remote and deskside support for Softcat users
- Using your knowledge to identify underlying problems and suggest solutions and/or improvements
- Maintaining servers and essential platforms used within Softcat (O365/Azure/Domain controllers etc.)
- Acting as an escalation point for the IT Helpdesk when required, resolving challenging problems
- Creating and maintain technical documentation to be used in a knowledgebase
- Performing appropriate duties as assigned by management
- Occasionally working on exciting IT projects to drive business improvement
What we need from you
- Strong level of accountability and ownership as well as great communication & team collaboration skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Teams collaboration & telephony
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows Server 2012-2022
- Administering and maintaining Microsoft Active Directory (Hybrid), Exchange, Office 365, Azure, Intune
- Networking experience; DHCP, DNS, Switches, Routers
- Understanding or experience supporting virtual environments (Citrix)
- Experience on an ITSM platform; ticket management (Service Now)
- Experience working with PowerShell & scripts is preferred, but not required
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3days in the office and 2days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.