Application Support Analyst
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our IT Operations team
The IT Operations team are responsible for the infrastructure and network that our key systems run on, as well as delivering a digital workspace that enables our users to work and collaborate effectively throughout the business.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
As an Application Support Analyst, you will work along side application and IT support analysts to support a range of key business applications and solutions.
As Application Support Analyst, you'll be responsible for:
- Managing the successful resolution of operational Incidents and Service Requests relating to a range of IT solutions in our ITIL aligned ITSM tool (Service Now).
- Conducting troubleshooting and root cause analysis of reported issues within our production systems
- Applying fixes and standard changes to our production environment
- Identifying and helping to drive improvements in how we do things
- Maintaining existing knowledge base articles, create new ones and identifying old ones that can be retired.
- Working with Solution Architects and our Developers to ensure that new solutions are properly documented, understood, and are released into live in accordance with agreed processes
What we need from you
- Ability to work under your own initiative
- Experience supporting a CRM and/or ERP platform.
- Strong level of accountability and ownership as well as great communication & team collaboration skills
- Good analytical skills – able to get to the root cause of problems
- Desire to grow existing skills on database systems e.g. Microsoft SQL Server
- Desire to grow existing skills on development languages e.g. T-SQL, C#
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.