Cloud Engineering Manager
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to work in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our DevOps team
The DevOps team deliver complete technical cloud solutions to our customers using leading edge technology. We are a skilled team of cloud system developers, software engineers, architects, and support engineers who work as a single unit to understand the problems of our customers and design a sustainable solution that fits their needs. Our solutions range from high level design to full deployment and ongoing support and management.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ pa turnover technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you have a passion for people management?
As the CloudEngineering Manager, you will be responsible for the technical strategy for new and existing services. This key role will focus on continuous evolution of our DevOps/CRE services to ensure we are always utilising the latest technology to drive forward both Softcat's and our customers' journey in the cloud. You will manage a team of Architects and Lead Engineers to create elegant, secure, and cost-effective solutions for each customer, ensuring high availability and performance.
You'll be responsible for:
- Managing the Customer Reliability Team and deliver on the Scorecard objectives
- Working with the Head of DevOps to plan annual Budget requirements, including Headcount and Tooling requirements for the CRE team
- Working closely with the Service Development Team on building and launching new products for Softcat
- Supporting the development of team members, including performance reviews, coaching, and mentoring, on-the-job training, and identifying formal training needs
- Developing, owning and driving the CRE Roadmap
- Embedding Softcat culture in the CRE Team
What we need from you
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport, with a focus on customer outcomes
- Experience with Agile working practices
- Experience managing and supporting technical teams, ideally as part of an established Cloud MSP
- Good understanding of cloud technologies
- A passion for working with people and the ability to quickly build and sustain strong internal relationships
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 2-3days in the office and 2-3 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.