Credit Controller - 6-month Fixed Term Contract
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Credit Control Team
You will be part of a large team of Credit Controllers. The main focus of the team, is to collect overdue and outstanding debt owed to the business, whilst also helping to resolve account queries and ensuring there is a smooth process from point of order to payment of the account.
Success. The Softcat Way.
There's a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That's because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
Be part of a team that enables business growth
We are looking for a Credit Controller to strengthen our team, and to take on collections for approximately 400-500 accounts. The main purpose of the role is to collect overdue payments whilst still maintaining the high levels of customer care, which our customers have become accustomed too, and which Softcat prides itself on.
As a Credit Controller, you'll be responsible for:
- Building and sustaining strong relationships with our Customers, Sales teams and also with the other business operation departments
- Chasing and collecting payment of invoices that are owed to Softcat
- Can work on your own, to secure these payments by both telephone and E-mail collection
- Monitoring and liaising with Sales for potential problem accounts / overdue accounts
- Work closely with Credit Assessment to report overdue / problem accounts
What we need from you
- A proven record of Credit Control work, with the ability to hit the ground running
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong planning, organisation and administration skills with use of internal systems and Excel
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Able to manage conflict in a balanced manner
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.