Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to be key in planning and delivering changes on an evolving BI strategy?
Do you enjoy driving continuous improvement from a data warehouse perspective?
Join our Business Intelligence Team
The Business Intelligence Team are responsible for the data architecture, processes and front-end applications that are required to underpin Softcat's BI Strategy – a strategy that the team develops in conjunction with key business stakeholders.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We're a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
Are you looking to leverage your BI expertise?
Data and Analytics at Softcat are in transformation and acceleration. The BI Team recently completed a major IT transformation programme, delivering a best-in-class enterprise data warehouse and BI solutions supporting that.
As a Data Architect you will be working closely with the Head of BI and the wider Business Intelligence team to plan and deliver strategic changes such as data governance, data quality and advanced analytics.
You will also be offering continuous improvement within our Enterprise Data Warehouse and other Data Hubs. To deliver that you will be looking into Data engineering SQL jobs, Data / BI architecture, end-to-end data flows to spot opportunities to improve regarding process/technology, implement data quality controls and support other data management activities.
Furthermore, you'll be responsible for:
- Leading data architecture across areas including Enterprise Data Warehouse, Master Data Hub and Digital Data Hub
- Supporting at strategic level, data initiatives on Data Governance, Data Quality, MDM, Reference data and Analytics
- Role-modelling best practises for data processing/modelling and data warehouse development, minimising technical debt; influence design decisions
- Establishing the capability to enable the identification, management, and remediation of high priority data quality issues
- Working collaboratively with cross functional team internally such as ERP/CRM/HR teams and with third party companies
- Managing technical and commercial client stakeholders at all levels; coaching and mentoring less experienced team members
What we need from you
- Background delivering multiple end-to-end DWH/BI projects, working with varied sources, staging layers, DWH's and reporting solutions
- Track record of technical delivery/leadership in the field of Data Architecture, Data Engineering/Data Science/Analytics
- Data management expertise and engagement with key leadership/stakeholders in driving adoption of best data management practice
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of data analysis, data modelling and quality assurance techniques
- A curious and learning mindset coupled with solid organisational skills
- Experience in data solutions for Customer 360 (People 360 is desirable)
If you are aligned to an office other than Marlow/Leeds, there will be an expectation to travel to these offices periodically
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working –three days in the office and two days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now.
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.