Cyber Operations Manager
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to work in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Cyber Operations team
The Softcat Security Operations Centre (SOC) provides our customers with cyber security monitoring, analysis, assessment, and remediation.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
As the Security Operations Centre (SOC) Manager you will be responsible for the planning, direction and control of the SOC functions and operations.
As SOC Manager, you'll be responsible for:
- Managing the day-to-day 24x7 Security Intelligence environment to ensure that Softcats procedures, process and working practices are followed
- Ensuring threat management, threat modelling, identify threat vectors and develop use cases for security monitoring
- Reviewing and develop processes to strengthen the current Security Operations framework
- Providing, coaching and guidance to instil a high performing and customer focused culture across the team
- Working alongside the line manager to ensure team members are skilled, trained and developed to enable them to deliver high quality
- Ensuring direct reports are working towards their Personal Development Plans
- Ensuring continuous service improvement is embedded in the culture and working practices of the Security Intelligence
What we need from you
- Relevant Security industry certifications, CISSP/CISM
- Strong understanding of sophisticated threat actor methodologies, along with experience in incident response and forensic investigations
- Alien Vault or similar SIEM tool suite knowledge
- Swimlane or similar automation suite knowledge
- Previous experience of implementation of technical systems and procedures to minimise risk
- The ability to lead and motivate a highly productive team in a pressurised environment
- Knowledge on playbook creation, detection, and response rules
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3/2 days in the office and 3/2days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.