Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like the opportunity to utilise your existing expertise to help evolve existing security services?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Information Security Team.
The Information Security team work to ensure Softcat can operate effectively while being resilient to cyber threats. We are a passionate team of security professionals, operating modern security technologies and working closely with other departments to support their needs.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Are you a passionate Security Developer, specialising in automation and orchestration?
Though a candidate for this role would ideally have experience working with a variety of security controls this is not essential. If you have worked closely with APIs during employment in other areas of IT and are considering a move into Information Security, we'd welcome to hear from you. We are ready to support the training and development of the right individual.
About the Role:
We're looking to hire a Security Developer with experience in automation and orchestration using REST APIs and the common scripting languages associated to them. There will be three key areas of focus for the role:
- Helping improve security team operations by programmatically integrating security controls
- Supporting other departments in API security and Secure Software Development.
- Working with the security team to improve existing and implement new technologies, maturing our security posture and maintaining our resilience.
What we need from you:
- Experience automating and orchestrating workflows using APIs
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as Azure and AWS
- Knowledge of secure development practices and version control
- Familiarity working with development teams and with common CI/CD frameworks
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working –2-3 days in the office and 2-3 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.