Sales Executive - Corporate - Manchester
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
*Please note, the salary for this role is £24,000 plus commission
Join our Sales team
If you're looking to make the most of your ambition and personality, then a sales career at Softcat could be perfect for you. Our team is over 500 people strong across our UK and Ireland offices and we continue to grow, embracing new international markets and opportunities. As a Sales Executive, you'll be a big part of our plans for the future.
Softcat sales opportunities come with big earnings potential and a structured progression path. Plus, you don't need specific qualifications or experience to join us! We can help you reach your goals if you bring us the ambition to succeed.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a billion-pound technology company that feels like one family. We're big on culture, big on teamwork and big on rewards. Through collaboration and understanding, we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Welcome to a business where personal achievement and team success go hand-in-hand.
Build your own business
As Sales Executive you'll be targeted on securing new business with organisations across the UK, selling IT solutions on behalf of our partners (Microsoft, HPE, Cisco, Dell to name a few). As you become established in the role you'll inevitably spend less time on building new business and instead focus on really enhancing those existing relationships you've built, selling more products into less clients. It truly feels like running your own business, where you get to control how much you earn and how you want to develop.
You will join our Softcat Sales Development Programme, which is designed to equip you with everything you need to become successful. The programme will accelerate your confidence in the role and support you on your journey to being an established Account Manager.
As a Sales Executive, you will be responsible for:
- Researching potential customers to shape and build new business
- Growing new business through effective communication methods including cold calling, customer meetings and email marketing
- Working towards your KPI's through developing market understanding, building relationships and networking
- Providing effective account management to support your customers technology strategy, implementation, and future requirements
- Collaborating with your sales team, cross-functional teams, and external partners to help develop a rich customer experience
What we need from you
- Have a passion for sales and be keen to learn and develop your skill set
- Demonstrate a keen entrepreneurial flare and the desire to build your own client base from scratch
- Be a motivated self-starter, a quick learner and be highly organised
- Show an enthusiasm to learn and develop your knowledge for new and emerging technologies
- Have a high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to build solid relationships internally and with potential new clients
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Flexible working - flexibility of working from home and in the office. Please note, there is a requirement to be in each Wednesday for vendor and inter-office team meetings
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.