Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Project Management team
The Project Management team sits within Softcat's Programme & Project Management function, and engages in customer facing projects. You'll be working closely with our PPM's, Professional Services team and the Resource Desk. As part of a growing team, you'll have plenty of opportunity to contribute to improvements in process and efficiency, through innovation and idea sharing.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
About the Role
As a Project Coordinator, you will be supporting Programme & Project Managers on medium or large-sized customer facing projects. You'll also get the opportunity to coordinate your own smaller projects. This is an entry-level role in which you'll be part of a great team that will give you ample opportunity to develop yourself.
As a Project Coordinator, you'll be responsible for:
- Interacting with other IT partner companies and distributors
- Working with resource management on resource planning, availability and allocation according to projects
- Managing and update project documentation
- Monitoring project progress, budget, hours, etc
- Creating project schedules with the Project Manager
- Coordinating Professional Services engagements
What we need from you:
- Pro-active, self-starting approach
- Strong planning, organisation and administration skills; highly organised and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly build rapport with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience with MS Office range of products
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.