Senior Security Architect
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to work in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Solutions Design Team
The Solutions Design Team comprises members from many different technical and non-technical backgrounds; from network and security to datacentre, end-user compute and even service architecture.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ pa turnover technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you have a background in Cyber Security
Working with the Softcat Sales Specialists and the Softcat Account Management team to provide detailed technical information and expertise to assist customers in their business needs.
As Senior Security Architect, you'll be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Chief Technologist for Cyber Security to contribute ideas around the overall Softcat Cyber Strategy
- Identifying areas of improvement within the solutions design portfolio for cyber security
- Providing business case analysis through risk assessments or threat modelling
- Producing statements of work and costing for customer projects
- Working with Professional Services and external partners
- Collaborating with other technologists within Technical Design, Solutions Design, Cyber Managed Services, and other departments within Services
What we need from you
- Demonstrable experience working in Technical/Security or Solutions Design
- Knowledge of cyber security frameworks: Cyber Essentials (CE), Center for Internet Security (CIS), ISO 27001, etc
- Excellent customer services skills and a professional manner
- Broad experience across cyber security disciplines would be beneficial
- Industry recognised qualifications or certifications consummate to the role
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and vendor specific applications
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve results
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.