Cyber Operations Security Engineer
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our SIEM team
Our collaborative team protects our customers 24/7 against the growing threat of cyber attacks and cyber terrorism.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We're a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
Take ownership for keeping our customers secure
As a Vulnerability Assessment Service Engineer, you will be in a customer-facing role you will run design workshops, advise on the approach and configuration of the service components, and implement and maintain the platform for our customers.
As Cyber Operations Security Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Deploying, integrating and maintaining a variety of tools and platforms across our Cyber Services, with a focus on Vulnerability Assessment
- Working with customers ranging in size from small offices to global multi-site enterprises
- Running design, onboarding and review sessions with customers and stakeholders
- Documenting and managing processes supporting consistent delivery of services
- Interacting with customers to resolve issues, provide additional information, and answer questions related to incidents and monitoring
- Maintaining vendor relationships and partnerships
What we need from you
- Extensive knowledge of Vulnerability Assessment tooling; existing knowledge of Tenable products including Tenable Nessus and Tenable.IO is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Vulnerability Management principles, CVSS scoring and the use of VM in supporting an organisation's Cyber Security Programme
- Familiarity with compliance frameworks such as ISO27001, Cyber Essentials, PCI-DSS, and with security configuration baselines such as CIS
- Knowledge of Information Security tooling and log collection methods, such as SIEM tools, Endpoint Protection, SOAR, basic scripting
Please note, you'll be put through SC clearance upon hire, so you'll need to possess either an existing SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo the vetting for such clearance.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3/2 days in the office and 3/2 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.