Sales Apprenticeship - September 2023
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Salary; £16,500 per annum
Locations: Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Manchester, Marlow, South Coast
- Qualification: Level 3 IT Technical Salesperson (For Glasgow - Level 6 Digital Applications Support - equivalent to the England Level 3)
- Duration: 18 months
- Start Date: Monday 4th September 2023
Are you a school or college leaver looking to develop your skills and realise your full potential?
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, energetic and innovative company?
Join our Apprenticeship Scheme in Sales
For ambitious school and college leavers, a Softcat Apprenticeship is a great first step into the world of work. You earn, learn and gain qualifications while starting out on a structured career. If you're looking to make the most of your ambition and personality, then a sales career at Softcat could be perfect for you. Our sales team is over 500 people strong across our UK and Ireland offices and we continue to grow, embracing new international markets and opportunities.
About Softcat Apprenticeships
Our awarding winning apprenticeship scheme equips you with the skills, knowledge, and expertise to succeed in your chosen business area. As an apprentice your time will be split between 80% work experience and 20% off-the-job training with the support of our dedicated training provider. This is a fantastic opportunity for school and college leavers looking to kick start their career.
Our Sales Apprenticeship Programme is designed to equip you with everything you need to become a successful salesperson. The programmes will build and accelerate your confidence while supporting you on your journey to completing your qualification and becoming an executive.
Roles Available (subject to location):-
- Sales Apprentice
- Sales Support Apprentice
- Specialist Sales Apprentice
During the application process we will provide more detail on what these roles are and recommend the best area for you based on your skills and qualities.
Key responsibilities in all roles include
- Growing customer relationships, and expanding Softcat's portfolio with these customers
- Working towards your KPI's through developing industry understanding, building relationships and networking
- Providing effective support to your customers technology strategy, implementation, and future requirements
- Collaborating with your sales team, cross-functional teams, and external partners to help develop a rich customer experience
What we need from you
- Driven with a strong sense of initiative – you like to get things done
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Organised with good communication and administrative skills
- Able to work independently as well as within a team to achieve results
- Open to learning new things
Entry Requirements - Excluding Glasgow*
- A minimum of GCSE English & Maths (Level 4/Grade C and above)
- No previous qualifications of level 3 and above in ITC (including A level IT, Extended Diploma Level 3 BTEC in IT, Degree/Masters in IT)
- You must be 18 or over as of the date of Monday 4th September 2023
* For Glasgow candidates there are no entry requirements based on grades. However you still must be 18 or over as of the date of Monday 4th September 2023 in order to apply.
Work in a way that works for you
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.
In fact, we recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.