Service Development Product Manager
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Service Development team!
Softcat's Service Development team develop, introduce, and improve the IT services that we offer our customers. The team research new potential service offerings and bring them to life.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ pa turnover technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you have experience developing new services?
As a Service Development Product Manager, you will be pivotal in the development and delivery of the services roadmap.
As Service Development Product Manager you'll be responsible for:
- Researching new service requirements, deciding the features of new services, and formulating business cases for approval
- Managing any new services and service features that are approved
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of customer needs, the market, our competition, and future trends
- Owning and articulating the vision behind each service to the service development project team
- Managing the development of new services
- Helping support the continual improvement of the team's development framework and practices
What we need from you
- A massive appetite to learn and push yourself every day
- Experience working within an organisation focused on service(s)
- Experience of working on fast-paced projects
- Experience of working in a highly analytical way to find creative solutions to challenges
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships within a team made up of many different roles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to present information clearly, persuasively and elegantly
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.