Security Operations Lead
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to work in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Information Security team
The Information Security team work to ensure Softcat can operate effectively while being resilient to cyber threats.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Are you passionate about Security?
As Security Operations Lead, you'll be responsible for:
- Leading the security operations function, including incoming tickets and incidents
- Managing the relationship with our external security detection and response service providers
- Having a breadth of IT knowledge they can apply to managing day to day security operations work as well as maturing the function over time
- Developing our other analyst and be open to growing management responsibility over time
What we need from you
- Capable of self-managing work including incoming incidents and services requests to a team mailbox
- Experience in running a proactive, cross department, vulnerability management program
- Confidence to guide and mentor junior analysts and a willingness to manage in the future
- Confidence to work alongside and manage the relationship with our external SOC partners
- A demonstrable passion for working in IT and a broad knowledge of IT technologies.
- Awareness of common open source security tools and information sources
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.