Payroll & Benefits Specialist
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
**Glasgow location preferred but we are open to considering candidates based in Birmingham, Manchester or Marlow**
Would you like to build a career in a supportive, exciting and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Reward, Payroll and HR Operations Team
Softcat is one of the UK's Leading IT Infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. We're passionate about outstanding employee satisfaction and world-class customer service. You will be joining Softcat's HR Team in our Glasgow office. The HR team play a vital part in the company's growth and success of being a continued Great Place to Work.
Success. The Softcat Way.
There's a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That's because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
Get the best out of you
Working alongside another Payroll & Benefits Specialists, you'll be responsible for:
- Ensuring smooth processing of the payroll cycle (UK is in-house payroll and Ireland, Singapore and US outsourced) including expenses processing
- Provision of monthly reporting for analysis and oversight to Reward, Payroll & HR Operations Manager
- Maintain up to date and comprehensive guidance notes on payroll procedures
- Ensure that the Payroll system and data held within it is fit for purpose and utilised to its fullest
- Work with wider HR operations & Reward team on various activities and projects and ways of working
What we need from you
- Detailed understanding of taxation, payroll and pensions legislation (CIPP or equivalent is desirable)
- Experience with payroll inputting and output checking
- A good understanding of accounting principles and their application to payroll
- Experience/understanding of other countries payroll processing desirable e.g. Ireland/US/Singapore
- Strong awareness of HR/Payroll interfaces and how to handle pay/benefits queries
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.