Senior Principal Consultant - Cyber and Network
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to be in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Professional Services team
Softcat's Professional Services department delivers our customer facing technical solutions. The department consists of a growing team of consultants and engineers specialising in Hybrid Cloud, Digital Workspace, Cyber & Network Security solutions; dotted all over the UK.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
As a Technical Consultant - Network and Cyber, you will be responsible for delivering both pre and post sales technical consultancy to both internal and external customers.
As Technical Consultant – Network and Cyber, you'll be responsible for:
- Creating technical pre-sales responses
- Negotiating with internal and external stakeholders to manage customer expectations on project design
- Supporting PPM with technical queries when a consultant is not available
- Problem resolution – both internally (with team members) and externally (with customers)
- Being Technical Lead for project kick off meetings to support the customer with technical queries
- Build and strengthen relationships with Softcat Account Management teams, Sales Specialists, Solutions Design etc
- Build relationships with vendors and understand their escalation processes
What we need from you
- Routing, switching, optimising and design using multiple vendors including Cisco, HPE Aruba/Comware (H3C), Arista
- Experience working in Professional Services
- Cisco Wireless / Aruba Wireless
- Cisco Firepower / Palo Alto / Check Point / Fortinet
- Network Automation
- Design and solution proposal utilising industry standard document types producing high quality and well thought through documentation
- CCIE/CCNP certification
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.