Solutions Associate - Campus Networking
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Solutions Design Team
The Solutions Design Team comprises members from many different technical and non-technical backgrounds; from network and security to datacentre, end-user compute and even service architecture.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ pa turnover technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you have a background in Campus Networking?
As a Solutions Associate focused on Campus Networking, you'll be part of the Solutions Design Team. In this role you'll be the first port of call for creating campus network solutions that solve customer problems
You'll be developing the skills and abilities of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Networking principles, including wired and wireless LAN, and other leading technologies. You will take responsibility as the technical lead on customer projects and will be producing high quality design documentation when required within a given project or customer engagement.
Working with your Team Leader and Mentor you will work down a path to become a Subject Matter Expert in Campus Networks and potentially other related technical disciplines. This role will develop expertise with the Cisco portfolio with the opportunity to develop knowledge working with other enterprise networking vendors.
As Solutions Associate - Campus Networking, you'll be responsible for:
- Working with the Softcat Sales Specialists and the Softcat Account Management team to provide technical information and expertise to assist customers in their business needs
- Developing your skills and abilities to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Networking principals and associated technology areas
- Developing and maintaining relationships with internal customers, external customers, and our key vendor partners
- Working with other Solutions Design members, professional services consultants, and architects to develop cross-discipline solutions for customers
- Helping to understand, scope and document customers' business and technical requirements
- Producing BoMs and other foundational documentation
What we need from you
- A passion for technology and making technology work for businesses along with a desire to share your knowledge and experience with those around you
- Relevant degree or entry level industry recognised qualifications or certifications consummate to the role (e.g., CompTIA Network+/CCNA etc. although desirable this is not a necessity)
- Excellent communications skills, particularly with customers
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines whilst maintaining the highest quality of output
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve results
- An element of business awareness and commercial acumen
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.