Cloud Analyst (FinOps)
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Join our Asset Intelligence team
The Asset Intelligence team provides a range of proactive services to assist clients with managing their estate and software procurement.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
As a Cloud Intelligence Analyst, you will be expected to proactively support clients within the Cloud Intelligence Service (CIS) to analyse, optimise and manage their Cloud estate.
As Cloud Intelligence Analyst, you'll be responsible for:
- Forming trusted advisor relationships with key CIS clients
- Utilising industry leading cloud optimisation solution (CloudHealth) to proactively manage clients Cloud estate
- Performing end to end technical onboarding of clients Cloud estate into the CloudHealth platform
- Providing detailed reporting as part of a scheduled service
- Identifying cost savings and infrastructure optimisation opportunities in clients public cloud environments
- Providing ad hoc support to all clients. Resolve all service requests that are logged by CIS clients
What we need from you
- Ideally, you will have knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure and terminology
- Knowledge of AWS and Azure technology
- You will also be expected to have, or work towards the CloudHealth vendor certification
- Previous experience either in presenting or hold excellent communication skills
- Confident using Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc
- Industry certifications in AWS and/or Azure
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.