Service Development Programme Manager 12 Month FTC
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Services Development Team
The role of the team is to research new potential service offerings and bring them to life by working with the wider organisation, including operational and sales teams.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As a Service Development Programme Manager you will be responsible for the definition, documentation, maintenance and release of the services in the IT priority area that you manage. You will oversee the creation, release, enhancement and, where relevant, retirement of these services.
You will work closely with senior stakeholders across the business and will lead cross-functional service project teams to build services in line with the agreed vision for them, ensuring that they are delivered on time and to the highest standards for our customers. You will also work closely with the wider Service Development Team to contribute to improvements in the team's central frameworks and documentation.
As Service Development Programme Manager you'll be responsible for:
- Managing the creation, release, enhancement and, where relevant, retirement of the services in the IT priority area you work within.
- Using principles from both Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies appropriately (including the creation of project plans) to lead cross-functional service project teams to deliver services on time and to the highest standards for our customers.
- Creating and maintaining the service documentation for the services you manage (such as the Service Description and Sales and Marketing enablement documentation for launch).
- Collaborating closely with the relevant Service Development Product Manager to ensure you have a thorough understanding of each service in your IT priority area, including its goals, features and the vision behind it.
- Assuring the service architecture quality of each service you manage, ensuring that the business processes, commercial model, contract pack and service features are accurate, robust, and well communicated to all relevant stakeholders.
What we need from you
- Demonstrable project or programme management experience.
- Experience working within an organisation focused on services (preferably IT services).
- Experience working on service documentation (e.g. Service Descriptions) would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Ability to balance work priorities, organise own workload, work with minimal supervision, work under pressure to meet deadlines, and respond quickly to new situations and changing priorities.
- A commitment to high standards of quality in everything you do, including strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrable experience of working on fast-paced, Agile-delivered projects and of the “fail-fast” approach.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.