IT Helpdesk Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our IT Helpdesk Team
The IT Operations team are responsible for the infrastructure and network that our key systems run on, as well as delivering a digital workspace that enables our users to work and collaborate effectively throughout the business. We also provide an IT Helpdesk as the single point of contact for all IT issues, queries, and requests.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to be involved with something exciting and evolving?
IT Operations plays a pivotal role in Softcat's success. As we look to grow and evolve our business, it is essential we empower our teams by ensuring they have reliable, scalable, and agile systems and applications. Working as part of the wider IT division, the team interacts extensively with the business across Sales, Services and Business Operations as well as with select Vendors and Partners.
About the Role:
As a Helpdesk Analyst, you'll be part of a team who are the first port of call for IT support for Softcat's users, providing a world class customer service experience. You will triage, investigate and resolve issues with users' equipment and systems, or escalate to teams that can assist further. As part of your role, you will have the opportunity to learn our processes and systems, growing your own skills and capabilities.
As an IT Helpdesk Analyst, you'll be responsible for:
- Logging and handling support tickets - triaging and investigating end user issues raised via phone and portal implementing first time fixes where possible
- Communicating effectively with users to understand the issue, ensuring they are kept informed of progress to resolution
- Escalate calls to 2nd line Support where needed
- Liaising with 3rd party support companies
- Creating and reviewing knowledge base articles
- Handle the Joiners/Movers/Leavers process which covers account creation and disabling, granting, or revoking access and the deployment and collection of IT equipment
What we need from you:
- Experience working in an IT Helpdesk/Service Desk function
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels
- Able to record call logging information accurately
- A quick learner and able to understand technical IT instructions
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise requirements, whilst maintaining a focus on quality work
- Support background following an industry recognised standard would be advantageous, although not essential (ITIL/COBIT etc)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 2-3days in the office and 2-3days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.