Check Point Support Engineer
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, energetic and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Service Operations and Support team
The Service Operations and Support team are a proficient, fast-paced and exciting team who are committed to providing excellent customer service.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
As a Check Point Support Engineer, you'll be working within our Networking & Security Support Team providing 2nd/3rd line technical support.
As Check Point Support Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Diagnosing and resolving incidents to their conclusion, ensuring adherence to agreed SLAs and escalating to partners or vendors where required
- Designing, reviewing, validating and implementing configuration changes on behalf of customers to ensure their desired outcome is achieved
- Taking the technical lead on any Check Point related issues for customers and ensure knowledge share with the wider team
- Liaising with other Operations Centre engineers and 3rd Party suppliers for issues around networking and security outside of Check Point technologies
- Assisting with the onboarding of new Managed customers
- Being a part of an on-call roster to provide out of hours technical support
What we need from you
- Excellent testing, troubleshooting and analytical skills to isolate problems and implement solutions
- Previous experience with ongoing support and configuration of Check Point applications enterprise deployments
- Strong verbal and written communication - must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation and customers
- Experience in the IT Support industry, preferably in a Managed Service environment
- Experience with other firewalls
Please note, you'll be put through SC clearance upon hire, so you'll need to possess either an existing SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo the vetting for such clearance.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community