Financial Reporting Accountant
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working in an enthusiastic, dynamic and fun environment?
Join our Financial reporting and Control team
The Financial Reporting and Control team are growing in response to the demands of a fast-growing business and an increasingly demanding control and governance environment. Led by the Financial Reporting Manager who reports into the Group Financial Controller, the team sit alongside and work closely with the transactional finance teams (credit control and accounts payable) and other areas of business operations. The team are ultimately responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of Company numbers both internally and externally. This role provides an opportunity to work in the heart of a fast-evolving and dynamic business, reporting accurate numbers and driving control change.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We're a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential
Drive accuracy in our Corporate Reporting
The successful candidate will be a key player in the Financial Reporting and Control team as well as the wider finance function of a thriving FTSE-250 Company. Driving the accuracy and timeliness of corporate reporting, both from an internal and external reporting perspective, this individual will live in the heart of the business. The team is growing quickly to adapt as the business grows and adds complexity and this is an exciting opportunity for someone wanting to get involved across all areas of the business and implement changes which ultimately improve reporting quality. In this role there will be exposure to most areas of reporting and work closely with various business operation functions.
As Financial Reporting Accountant, you'll be responsible for:
- Own and evolve technical accounting and reporting for areas such as revenue recognition and IFRS 15
- Work with the existing team to provide timely and accurate management accounts and financial statements
- Ensure the business is prepared for the year end audit and be a key contact for the auditors
- Business partnering with the cost budget holders of the business (IT, HR, Marketing, Events etc)
- Work with the team on areas such as consolidation, intercompany, sustainability and other project based work
- Balance sheet reconciliations for several areas
We'd love you to have
- ACA/ACCA qualified from an in house or practice background
- Confident, collaborative, proactive and professional approach
- Familiarity with Oracle NetSuite would be beneficial, but not mandatory
- Ability to present to and influence others, including senior stakeholders
- A drive to succeed and progress
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working– as we really value the collaboration that working from the office brings, we try to spend slightly more time working from the office together, than we do working from home. This is typically a 3-2 split in favour of the office but we can discuss individual requirements
- Working flexible hours – we are flexible about your start times and end times each day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.