Project Manager - Multinational Expansion (12 month FTC)
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick-start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our IT Systems Team
IT systems play a pivotal role in Softcat's success. As our business grows and evolves it is essential, we have a set of reliable, scalable yet flexible systems that can drive us forward. The Business Systems Team are responsible for the design, delivery, and management of these key business applications. In support we work in conjunction with an ever-increasing number of Vendors, Partners and Softcat Stakeholders.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ pa turnover technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
We are seeking an experienced IT Project Manager with a proven track record of success in leading complex IT projects and developing multinational capabilities. The ideal candidate will have strong project management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with teams across multiple countries and cultures. This position will be responsible for managing the planning, execution, and delivery of IT projects with an emphasis on developing multinational capabilities.
You will assume overall responsibility for the project, taking it through initiation, scoping and delivery. You will head a multi-disciplined project team, working with partners, technical and non-technical staff, ensuring first-rate business change and IT delivery practice is at the heart of everything we do. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a high profile, high value project for Softcat, with visibility and sponsorship at the highest level.
As Project Manager - Multinational Expansion , you'll be responsible for:
- Lead the planning, execution, and delivery of IT projects with an emphasis on developing multinational capabilities.
- Develop project plans, timelines, and budgets, and oversee the day-to-day activities of project teams.
- Monitor project progress, identify, and mitigate risks, and communicate project status to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across multiple countries and cultures to ensure project success.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to team members to support their professional growth and development.
- Ensure adherence to project management best practices and standards.
What we need from you
- Appropriate qualifications and/or experience across all aspects of Project and Programme Management.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to develop project plans, timelines, and budgets, and manage project risks.
- Exceptional understanding of all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle having worked closely with technical teams through Scoping, Design, Development, Test and Release activities.
- Experience leading large, complex IT projects with an emphasis on developing multinational capabilities at a medium and large scale.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams across multiple countries and cultures.
- Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal skills, and stakeholder management up to C-suite.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and alignment with Softcat's core values
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working –2 days in the office and 3 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.